Filter pumps dirt right back into the pool?

Jul 10, 2011
Walnut Creek CA
So, when I clean the bottom of the pool I notice that the flow/pressure coming back out drops off significantly compared to how it was right before the cleaning starts. The pressure doesn't change, so what I've been doing is turning the pump off and setting it to either "bypass to waste" or "rinse" for a few seconds and then back to "filter". This solves the pressure problem but a dark cloud of junk shoots right back into the pool for about 10 seconds.... anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? Thanks... 18' AGP with the BBB.

Attachments

• filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 41
If the flow to the pool drops, your pressure has to rise. If you aren't seeing a rise, you most likely have a bad gauge.

You should backwash for several minutes or until the flow is clear in the sight glass, then at least 30 seconds of rinsing. A few seconds is just going to stir up the dirt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.