High water level over top of the skimmer.
Green algae mucky enough I can't see bottom.
I expected that my chemicals were off a bit due to the rain, but they are pretty close:
FC 5 ( a bit higher than norm, but I turned up my SWG a bit to be safe while I was gone)
pH 7.8 (up from 7.5 when I left)
CYA 57 ( a bit low, I normally shoot for 75, it was a bit low before I left as well )
I lowered my pH and put in bleach to get the FC up to 18 which is my shock level.
My question is why did I get the algae? Did the high water over the skimmer allow water to stagnate or something? What am I missing? This is my first year on chlorine so I'm a bit new to this.