FC: 14.5
    CC: 0
    pH: 7.8
    CYA: 60
    TA: 60

Before we left:

FC: 6
    pH: 7.4

Should I bother adding acid or is the high pH a side effect of the higher chlorine? I'm assuming it's safe for the kids to swim since I'm below shock level.

Looks like the kids won't need a bath tonight!
    16k gal, 28'x3.5', Vinyl A/G, 1hp Pentair Dynamo 2-speed Pump, Hayward S160T Sand Filter, Intermatic HB800RCL Digital Timer, Intex 8110 SWG, TF-100 Test Kit, SpeedStir Author: Jesse's Graphical Pool Testing Log

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Home from vacation results..?

Don't adjust ph until you measure it when the FC is below 10 ppm, it is probably reading high right now.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Just dial the SWG back and check the pH when the FC gets below 10 ... enjoy!

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Sun City West Arizona (2nd Home)

Looking pretty good. I bet that water is clear. Reduce runtime or percentage on SWG. Sounds like it was set a little high before vacation. Wait to test pH after FC comes down.
    14100 Gal IG MiniPebble, Pentair Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Sand Filter, Pop Up Cleaning, Intelliflo VS Pump, Aquacal Heatpump/Chiller, 1/4 Acre Desert Landscaped, Lots of Deck. Built in 1984, updated in 2012 and 2014
    "If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"