Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sulfuric Acid??

1. Back To Top    #1

Sulfuric Acid??

Has anyone ever used Sulfuric Acid to lower PH ? And if so what can be entered into the pool calculator for the dosage ? And if ifs even possible what would the pros/cons be ??
    24,000 Gallon Vinyl Grecian IG,Triton2 Sand Filter / Pentair Super Flo 1 HP Dual Speed Pump ,
    Stenner Peristaltic Pump Injection w/15 gal drum,Stubbed up supply/return for future solar panels :)
    TF100 Rocks !! Pool School....

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sulfuric Acid??

You can use sulfuric acid, but it is best not to. Sulfuric acid adds sulfates to the water, and while some sulfates are alright you don't want the level getting too high.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Sulfuric Acid??

Thanks Jason...looks like its best to stick with muriatic acid then....i need to get my TA down to 70 then for sure ..that will hopefully stabilize my PH from rising as quick as it does at a TA of 90 where it is now....if not I may try the 30-50ppm borates trick to help for next year ....
    thanks again for the as always quick reply
    24,000 Gallon Vinyl Grecian IG,Triton2 Sand Filter / Pentair Super Flo 1 HP Dual Speed Pump ,
    Stenner Peristaltic Pump Injection w/15 gal drum,Stubbed up supply/return for future solar panels :)
    TF100 Rocks !! Pool School....