Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Seal dropped beam?

1. Back To Top    #1

Seal dropped beam?

I have about 30 feet of dropped beam on my pool that will be set with rocks below the water line. Is there some sort of sealer that should be applied before the rocks are set? I am sure the joints are not waterproof... and want to make sure I will not be losing water there through the shell.
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Seal dropped beam?

How badly do you want this feature? Every pool I've seen with this kind of treatment has had to be re tuck-pointed regularly, and has had chronic issues with algae along the interface.
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

3. Back To Top    #3

Already a done deal... We like it a lot. I guess we will find out how much we still like it in a few years.
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5

4. Back To Top    #4

My PB does seal the dropped beam area before placing the rocks... the sealer I have seen pics of is not invisible... not a concern behind rocks... but in my cave we chose to not use tile and he did a real nice job carving the gunite to below the water line. Is there a sealer I can use on the gunite inside the cave that is below the water line or may be even the entire inside, that would not be visible or change the appearance?