I left town for 6 days and I found..

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
As the subject says, I left town for 6 days. 6 days when the weather was in the 100s. Before I left, I raised the water level, dumped bleach to get FC up around 10, and loaded a floater with trichlor pucks.

We got home about 9:30 last night. I turned on the pool light and had a quick look. Low water and needing a vacuuming was my impression.

This morning I checked things out more thoroughly. Water is clear, no sign of any algae. I noticed my pump hadn't lost priime, nor did any air come out the bleed when I opened it. I added an inch or so of water and vacuumed. After allowing things to mix, I tested it.

FC 6.2
CC 0
pH 7.6
TA 70
CH 775
CYA ~48
Temp 82F

CH lowering is ongoing, I'm not going to drain a bunch of water just for that - CSI is good and the water is otherwise perfect. A little bit of acid and I'm done. I imagine I'll do some brushing from inside the pool today, as it's gonna be another scorcher.

No question, just bragging :mrgreen:

Richard320 said:
As the subject says, I left town for 6 days. 6 days when the weather was in the 100s. Before I left, I raised the water level, dumped bleach to get FC up around 10, and loaded a floater with trichlor pucks.

We got home about 9:30 last night. I turned on the pool light and had a quick look. Low water and needing a vacuuming was my impression.

This morning I checked things out more thoroughly. Water is clear, no sign of any algae. I noticed my pump hadn't lost priime, nor did any air come out the bleed when I opened it. I added an inch or so of water and vacuumed. After allowing things to mix, I tested it.

FC 6.2
CC 0
pH 7.6
TA 70
CH 775
CYA ~48
Temp 82F

CH lowering is ongoing, I'm not going to drain a bunch of water just for that - CSI is good and the water is otherwise perfect. A little bit of acid and I'm done. I imagine I'll do some brushing from inside the pool today, as it's gonna be another scorcher.

No question, just bragging :mrgreen:

Did you leave the pump running 24/7?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.