Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
[attachment=0:3qysbkxu]one-way-winter-valve-w1115.jpeg[/attachment:3qysbkxu]

I saw a product on the internet for closing your pool without draining the water below the returns. You just replace your eye balls with these one way valves, blow out the water, add pool antifreeze and your done with your return lines.

My question is .. has anyone ever used these valves before?

I saw it at this site.

http://www.poolcenter.com/winter_pool_s ... sories.htm

Attachments

• one-way-winter-valve-w1115.jpeg
    one-way-winter-valve-w1115.jpeg
    4.5 KB · Views: 124
Yup. Have used them for two years. They work just fine. Although I think next spring I am going to try to drain/vacuum the antifreeze out of the line instead of letting it just flow into the pool, I think it caused a lot of foaming. It comes with a handy tool to help get the fitting off in the spring (they get a little stubborn over the winter).

Thanks J20832.

Do you also cover the face of the skimmer ? ...... or just leave the water in there with a plastic winter skimmer guard/plug?

I'm just a little nervous not draining the water below the returns and skimmer and blowing them out. But, it would be nice not to have to drain the water and use these valves .. if I can be confident they work.

Also, approx. how much antifreeze are you using in each line?

Thanks,
Rich

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.