Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Closing my Pool with One Way Winter Pool Valves

1. Back To Top    #1

Closing my Pool with One Way Winter Pool Valves

[attachment=0:3qysbkxu]one-way-winter-valve-w1115.jpeg[/attachment:3qysbkxu]

I saw a product on the internet for closing your pool without draining the water below the returns. You just replace your eye balls with these one way valves, blow out the water, add pool antifreeze and your done with your return lines.

My question is .. has anyone ever used these valves before?

I saw it at this site.

http://www.poolcenter.com/winter_pool_s ... sories.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18x36 IG 26,000 gal, Vinyl Liner, 24" Sand filter Hayward S224T, Jandy AE3000 heatpump and 1.5 HP SuperPump. Circupool RJ45 SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Closing my Pool with One Way Winter Pool Valves

Yup. Have used them for two years. They work just fine. Although I think next spring I am going to try to drain/vacuum the antifreeze out of the line instead of letting it just flow into the pool, I think it caused a lot of foaming. It comes with a handy tool to help get the fitting off in the spring (they get a little stubborn over the winter).
    20k gal, IG Vinyl, IntelliFlo VF Pump, 60 GPM sand filter, Jandy Aquapure Ei 35, 2 skimmers, one main drain, two returns, Dolphin Diagnostic cleaning robot, Taylor K-2006 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Closing my Pool with One Way Winter Pool Valves

Thanks J20832.

Do you also cover the face of the skimmer ? ...... or just leave the water in there with a plastic winter skimmer guard/plug?

I'm just a little nervous not draining the water below the returns and skimmer and blowing them out. But, it would be nice not to have to drain the water and use these valves .. if I can be confident they work.

Also, approx. how much antifreeze are you using in each line?

Thanks,
    Rich
    18x36 IG 26,000 gal, Vinyl Liner, 24" Sand filter Hayward S224T, Jandy AE3000 heatpump and 1.5 HP SuperPump. Circupool RJ45 SWG