I have been doing the shock process for over a week, stopped for 2 days last weekend to add/replace water and started again. The pool started a bit hazy because not understanding the CYA/chlorine relationship. Also have had water mold show up when low chlorine. Has been clear for weeks. My question is that I can't seem to pass the overnight test! I came close a few days ago with only losing 1.5. I have a auto cover that goes on each night as we do not have a fence. I checked last night and closed then opened this morning and a 5 loss. It was already light outside but not directly on pool. Could that have already lowered the chlorine?
Wondering if I need to do it before the sun comes up??
the chlorinator has been off for weeks-once i realized what that was doing!! only adding liquid 10 or 6%. and do not see anything lurking.