Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dig Deviates from Drawings

1. Back To Top    #1

Dig Deviates from Drawings

Has anyone had any experience where the location of the pre-gunite dig differs from the drawings? My wife and I both think (as does our neighbor who noticed it on her own, and my brother in law who is an engineer and measured) that the free form pool dug on Wednesday and rebarred and rough plumbed Thursday and today is off by several feet. While that wouldn't be a huge deal normally (although I wouldn't be happy with it), it is resulting in a section of the pool being very close to our house. In most cases I would accept maybe a discount or some other compensation, but with this I want it done how and where we agreed to have it built.

Anyway, the builder is coming to look at it in the morning. I am hopeful, even confident, that he will do what's right, but I when he tells me what that is, I would like to know that the cure isn't worse that the disease. Are there any questions I should be prepared to ask him? Thanks so much.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Dig Deviates from Drawings

Assuming the dig is relocated, make sure the backfill in the mistake area is rock and not disturbed soil if it is going to be under your decking.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Oklahoma City

Re: Dig Deviates from Drawings

Exactly how close to the house are we talking? How close can the pool be to the house from a legal/code standpoint?