Many of us with an Easytouch or Intellitouch system want a way to control our systems via the web, and Screen Logic 2 apparently does a nice job of this. But, it's not compatible with the Adroid O/S, it requires a connection to Pentair's servers, and it's kind of expensive. Now, there is a new option (now I'm sounding like a sales guy... I admit I have no financial connection/conflict with the following new product, I'm just enthusiastic!).
Autelis has just released a firmware update for their PoolControl module that supports both the Intellitouch and the Easytouch:
http://www.autelis.com/pool-control-for ... touch.html
1. The unit plugs into your ethernet/CAT5e. If you don't have an ethernet wire to your pool pad, they sell an inexpensive WiFi bridge. It also has a 4-post terminal that connects into your Intellitouch/Easytouch communications (RS485) bus, just as if you were to add another control panel.
2. After opening a port for the unit on your router, you can access it not only locally (just type POOLCONTROL on your browser's address line), but you can also access it from anywhere with a web-browser. The firmware includes a fully functioning app for iPhones, Androids, etc. Just pull up this APP.HTM page and you have many control functions over your pool. So basically the system acts as a standalone web server that directly links into the Intellitouch or Easytouch.
3. Full control over each circuit, including On/Off and dim levels (the latter I have not tried though). The software confirms your selections as well, which is nice for remote control.
4. Control over programs. So, you can view/edit your programs remotely, and add new ones.
5. Control over pool and spa temperature set points. It also lets you control the heat source: HEATER, SOLAR PREF, SOLAR ONLY, OFF for both pool and spa. Also, displays current Air and Water temps.
6. Displays status of system and each circuit (including assigned names for each circuit, e.g. Waterfall, Blower, Cleaner, etc).
7. Full control over lighting, including synchronization, etc. Easy to control the color shows and single colors on Intellibrites.
8. Can serve as a bridge between home automation systems and the pool automation. Autelis lists a number of HTML GET commands that can be used not only to obtain status info, but also to activate circuits, etc. Supports integration of an ISY-99i or ISY-994i. You could program a "backyard party mode" on a keypad in the house (or on your smartphone) that not only turns on the backyard lights, but turns on the spa and water features, turns on the backyard audio, and heats your spa up to temp.
There are some things that it doesn't do that the Screen Logic 2 will do, so this is important to keep in mind. Right now, there is no control over the IntelliChlor setpoints or the Intellichem. However, the Autelis team have been very responsive and I'm sure if enough jump on this, they'll probably add this functionality. Also, control over IntelliFlo speeds (except those preprogrammed at a panel) is not possible through the PoolControl. Again, this would be a nice touch if they could add it.
Overall, I think this is a really nice way to go and really enhances the value of pool automation. Let's say you want to heat up the spa and turn on the pool lights for when you get home from work. You just log in to the Autelis unit, turn on the spa, set your setpoint, and set your color mode. When you get home, it's all ready to go! (Except, it doesn't pour your beer... yet!).
Anyways, I thought I'd let you all know that this system is now available. BTW, they also have systems compatible with Jandy pool automation as well.