I have not used my BRAND NEW THIS YEAR solar cover in 2 months. Prior to rolling it up and storing it, my pool was cloudy and algae ridden. After alot of work, my new TF-100 testing kit, and alot of advise from experts in this forum, I now have a crystal clear, algae free pool.
Upon the advise of a forum user, I was told to bring my pool back up to shock level (liquid chlorine only) and put my solar cover on, letting the shock level water bathe the cover. Sounds right and I'm doing it right now. I took buckets of shock level pool water and poured onto the cover top.
How long do I leave the cover on? a couple of hours, all day, all night, all weekend, indefinetly,etc???
Will this hurt my cover??? I know that when I use to use granular shock, I could not use my solar cover.
Like I said - my cover is new and I don't want to damage it.