Aqua Lumin II problems

nthole

Jul 9, 2012
It's been a few years since I've bothered to use the light in my pool. I never liked that I could see the haze in it. Now that the BBB method has my pool as clear as it's ever been I'd like to use the light again. However, the last time I used it, it had gone out so I bought a new lamp and seal. Put it in, and about half way through the season the lamp popped. So I bought another lamp and seal, did the same and it popped before the end of the season as well. So I gave up on it thinking I'd replace it one year. Since it's a 'nicheless' light it doesn't look like I have many, or any that I can find, options for replacing it.

Should I try another seal and lamp? Anyone have a similiar issue with the light? Is there a good replacement if the unit is toast?

I don't have any experience with your specific light, but I do know halogen bulbs, which your light uses.

I would suspect that your bulb was dirty, if there is even one single fingerprint or any oils from your skin on the bulb, it will create a hot spot and blow the bulb.

You either have to install it using gloves, or you have to carefully wipe the bulb down with some denatured alcohol, isopropyl could work in a pinch, but it has more residue. Most people just wipe it off with a soft rag, which you can do if you can see the print, then see that it goes away when done. But I'm paranoid, because they're expensive, so I just use the alcohol if I slip up.

Also, looking at the specs for your light, I see there are multiple bulbs with different wattage and lengths. Are you certain you replaced it with the correct one?

Hopefully this helps.
Good luck. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.