Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorine Generator

1. Back To Top    #1

Chlorine Generator

Is anyone using or have any information about this SolarChlor MAX Deck Mounted Chlorine Generator? Found while doing some internet searches and looks very interesting.

Thanks in advance!!
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Inground pool 29,000 gals

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Chlorine Generator

I don't know much about it myself, but it looks like a mineral system, so I would steer away from it. See:
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Chlorine Generator

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    The Solar Chlor is a mixed SWG and "mineral" system. That means it releases metals into the water (which we don't ever recommend). They don't say exactly but from what I can make out it produces less chlorine than a typical SWG (comparing based on the recommended pool size).
    I googled and found it on amazon, at first all I noticed was that it is a solar powered swcg. No reviews, and for the price why not buy a normal swcg that's plumbed and wired. If the chlorine source is dependent on sun you will be manually adding chlorine on days when there isn't enough sunlight.

No mention of minerals on Amazon

I vote buying a regular swcg, I've seen posts about CircuPool and CompuPool units being good budget systems. I don't recall which is most popular.
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]