Pressure

superray

Bronze Supporter
Jun 24, 2012
NASA/ TX
Just took possession of my new place and it has a 16K gallon pool w/ spa Its a DE filter and the gauge was at 35 psi. I have been travelling for work and trying to move so I called the guys who installed (and believe serviced with previous owner) the pool to do a 1 time service on the filter until I tackle it myself. I was not able to be home when the guy showed up but after the service the pressure gauge is at 20 (He replaced the DE). The pool/spa is only about 20 feet from the equipment. Is 20 psi normal or on the high side for a pool/spa with a Pentair 60 sq ft DE filter. Just want to make sure there are no surprises!
Thanks.
Ray

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

20 psi sounds pretty normal. I am kind of surprised the pump was able to get the filter up to 35psi ... that is pretty high.

In any case, we recommend cleaning the filter when the pressure goes up 20-25% of the clean pressure. So, you should be doing a backwash and adding new DE when the pressure gets to about 25psi.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.