Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pressure

1. Back To Top    #1

Just took possession of my new place and it has a 16K gallon pool w/ spa Its a DE filter and the gauge was at 35 psi. I have been travelling for work and trying to move so I called the guys who installed (and believe serviced with previous owner) the pool to do a 1 time service on the filter until I tackle it myself. I was not able to be home when the guy showed up but after the service the pressure gauge is at 20 (He replaced the DE). The pool/spa is only about 20 feet from the equipment. Is 20 psi normal or on the high side for a pool/spa with a Pentair 60 sq ft DE filter. Just want to make sure there are no surprises!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Pressure

20 psi sounds pretty normal. I am kind of surprised the pump was able to get the filter up to 35psi ... that is pretty high.

In any case, we recommend cleaning the filter when the pressure goes up 20-25% of the clean pressure. So, you should be doing a backwash and adding new DE when the pressure gets to about 25psi.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!