Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Equipment Access

1. Back To Top    #1

Equipment Access

I'm considering putting in an inground pool at my new house. The only thing I'm concerned about is the equipment access. These lots only have a 5ft setback on the side property line and they are front entrance garages. How much space is needed to get the digging equipment into the backyard?

Right now this is the only house on the street. I'm sure they will start building me behind me soon. I really want to wait another year before spending the money on a pool. With the empty lots behind me there would be no access issues. I don't want to get stuck without a pool if I wait. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Equipment Access

If they can not get the big equipment in, then they use a small bobcat ... likely costs more money and takes a lot more time. They will just have to remove some fence/wall to get it back there.

I understand your concern though, although there is always the possibility that they will not build directly around for for a year.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!