water level float

skygremlin

Apr 20, 2012
Orange County, CA
I have a small reservoir on one side of the pool that contains a float and the water input that fills the pool. When the level gets to low -> the float sinks and opens the valve -> water flows and fills the pool. When the level rises the float rises and closes the valve. The problem is…. The float is getting filled with water and sticking. I've come home a handful of times now seen water pooring into the street. come to find the float is submerged and I have to pull it up. I've tried using plumbers tape to try and seal it, and was thinking of pulling it back off and using silicon to seal it. Or I guess I could go back to LPS and get another one. Has anybody else had this problem?

You should be able to just get a new float at any large hardware store. Some autofills just use toilet valves. Should be cheap to find the float.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Does anybody have any other thoughts on replacement float valves? I just replaced it again and still having issues with this thing shutting off... I shut off the water before leaving for work, and am going to pull it back out tonight -> retighten the screw -> and put back in... I just don't have a lot of faith in this setup... Just curious if there is another (better) solution.

The one installed (from Leslies) is similar to the below link.

http://www.amazon.com/Pool-Float-Valve-Dial-Manufacturing/dp/B000ZOCCIY/ref=pd_sim_lg_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1QGHQS2RW0ZRPMBR1XDV

I wasn't able to find any evaporative coolers at the hardware stores..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.