Caretaker zone issue

Aug 15, 2012
I have a Caretaker system and it's working fine... except for one zone (2 heads). When it cycles around, it gets to that zone and the heads don't do anything and the pressure on my filter rises. I got in the pool and tried to lift them up by hand and they would lift, but no water coming out. When I let go, they go right back down. Once it cycles past that zone, the other zones work fine. How do I know if it's something in the heads or something at the distribution (actuator- 5 port) valve?

Sounds like a clog in that zone before it splits to the 2 popups. Not sure how it would get there. Open up the dome and see if anything is amiss. If nothing is obvious, You may have to remove the popups, seal 1 and try to push water backward through the other to see if there is something in the pipe that would come out at the diverter.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

If this issue has start strated then remove the heads completly from the pool and try the system if it still builds up pressure then it will be with the 5 port, so if you can open the 5 port and have a look inside to see if anything is jammed or broken. If it is more than 5 yrs old then i reckon it will need a rebuild kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.