Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Caretaker zone issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Caretaker zone issue

I have a Caretaker system and it's working fine... except for one zone (2 heads). When it cycles around, it gets to that zone and the heads don't do anything and the pressure on my filter rises. I got in the pool and tried to lift them up by hand and they would lift, but no water coming out. When I let go, they go right back down. Once it cycles past that zone, the other zones work fine. How do I know if it's something in the heads or something at the distribution (actuator- 5 port) valve?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Caretaker zone issue

Sounds like a clog in that zone before it splits to the 2 popups. Not sure how it would get there. Open up the dome and see if anything is amiss. If nothing is obvious, You may have to remove the popups, seal 1 and try to push water backward through the other to see if there is something in the pipe that would come out at the diverter.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sydney, Australia

Re: Caretaker zone issue

If this issue has start strated then remove the heads completly from the pool and try the system if it still builds up pressure then it will be with the 5 port, so if you can open the 5 port and have a look inside to see if anything is jammed or broken. If it is more than 5 yrs old then i reckon it will need a rebuild kit.
    16,000lts Fibreglass, Magna Mineral Pool Water
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.