Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What are these????

1. Back To Top    #1

Katy, TX

What are these????

UGH!! I was cleaning out my water fall (the water pools in several spots when waterfall is turned off). I have not had my waterfalls going b/c we have been doing construction and I did not want to deal with high PH, etc... So I started to dump the water out as it was gross and I noticed these red stringy things. I thought maybe it was bird poop since birds love to hang out on my falls. So after I got as much as I could out, I decided to pour in some bleach to kill off the yucky stuff. All of a sudden these little red things came to life wiggling around. GROSS. What are they, where did they come from and how do I get rid of them?

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida
    Stagnant water = lot's of surprising and unusual smells and critters.

Don't know what they are but getting rid of that stagnant water is the solution..
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mosquito larvae!
    28,500 Gallon in ground.
    Custom color PebbleTec interior
    SwimClear quad cluster filter (C5020) filter
    Super II Pump (2hp)
    Hayward Navagitor
    Auto pool filler
    2 Sam Lites
    AquaDyne Control Panel
    Epoxy Overlay - Flagstone Deck

4. Back To Top    #4

North of Dallas
    My Pool - 18x24 fully setup Cabana, 22x48 gunite/quartz plaster (3-5-3 depth) & 8' spa w/ spill and 5' natural rock waterfall; Hayward DE filter/pumps/heater; Hayward Pro Logic controller; Phantom cleaner. Finished 06/01/07.