Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What are these????

1. Back To Top    #1

What are these????

UGH!! I was cleaning out my water fall (the water pools in several spots when waterfall is turned off). I have not had my waterfalls going b/c we have been doing construction and I did not want to deal with high PH, etc... So I started to dump the water out as it was gross and I noticed these red stringy things. I thought maybe it was bird poop since birds love to hang out on my falls. So after I got as much as I could out, I decided to pour in some bleach to kill off the yucky stuff. All of a sudden these little red things came to life wiggling around. GROSS. What are they, where did they come from and how do I get rid of them?

~Andrea

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Stagnant water = lot's of surprising and unusual smells and critters.

Don't know what they are but getting rid of that stagnant water is the solution..
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mosquito larvae!
    28,500 Gallon in ground.
    Custom color PebbleTec interior
    SwimClear quad cluster filter (C5020) filter
    Super II Pump (2hp)
    Hayward Navagitor
    Auto pool filler
    2 Sam Lites
    AquaDyne Control Panel
    Epoxy Overlay - Flagstone Deck

4. Back To Top    #4

My Pool - 18x24 fully setup Cabana, 22x48 gunite/quartz plaster (3-5-3 depth) & 8' spa w/ spill and 5' natural rock waterfall; Hayward DE filter/pumps/heater; Hayward Pro Logic controller; Phantom cleaner. Finished 06/01/07.

RedishConstruction.com