Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Installation question

1. Back To Top    #1

Installation question

I recently bought a new Autopilot DIG-220 to replace an old one that died. I'm installing the new one, and step 3 of the instructions says to loosen the thumbscrews of the unit cover, slide off the outer housing, and disconnect the 3 plugs that connect to the display mounted inside the cover. My new unit only has 2 plugs connected to the display. Is this a typo in the instructions or am I missing a plug? Thanks
    22,000 Gallon, IG, 608 sq feet, 114 feet perimeter, Tahoe Blue Pebblesheen Plaster, Jandy 60 Sqft DE filter, Intelliflo SVRS pump, Jandy PDA4, 2 Jandy LED Pool Lights, Letro Autofill, Polaris 280 with booster pump, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator, Nature 2 in-line, 3 ft sheer decent, bubbler on tanning shelf, 472 sq feet seeded aggregate deck, Oklahoma Flag stone coping

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Installation question

There WAS another connector plug that is used specifically for interface to an Electronic Control System, such as an Intellitouch or Aqualink type system. If you need this kit, let me know. However, we usually do not recommend connecting it in this fashion as you will loose some AutoPilot functionality, such as the salt addition calculation, freeze protection, and temperature compensation.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Installation question

Sean,

Thanks for the quick response.
    22,000 Gallon, IG, 608 sq feet, 114 feet perimeter, Tahoe Blue Pebblesheen Plaster, Jandy 60 Sqft DE filter, Intelliflo SVRS pump, Jandy PDA4, 2 Jandy LED Pool Lights, Letro Autofill, Polaris 280 with booster pump, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator, Nature 2 in-line, 3 ft sheer decent, bubbler on tanning shelf, 472 sq feet seeded aggregate deck, Oklahoma Flag stone coping