Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pebblesheen Help in NW Houston, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

Pebblesheen Help in NW Houston, TX

My pool is under construction and I am having a hard time picking the color of Pebble Sheen without seeing it in a real pool. I would like to see Aqua Blue and Caribbean blue if anyone in NW Houston has one of these colors and would be willing to let me see them. My pool is 3ft 6in to 5ft 6in deep with most of the pool being 4ft deep. I know that my pool will not show the deeper colors you get with Pebblesheen when you have a 6 - 8 ft depth.
    13,200 IG pebble sheen pool with raised spa and waterfalls, variable speed Pentair pump, oversize Pentair cartridge filter, Legend pool cleaner. TF -100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pebblesheen Help in NW Houston, TX

In full sun darker colors will gain heat faster. Good for early and late season swimming, bad for hot months and shallow pools. Consider adding some provision for cooling, whether shade via umbrella sleeves near shallow areas so that some PM sun is deflected, or tall plants to the SW, or spray fountains for cooling. A spray fountain can be added afterwards to a return but the overall pool circulation pattern can be affected by that. Also with tap water of high TA (test your water to know that), pH will be pushed higher while using the fountain for cooling, whether built in or not.

Sorry I can't help with the colors, just wanted to make the suggestions for plans for cooling/shade needs.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the suggestions, I have 2 sprayers and 5 umbrella sleeves planned to help mitigate the Houston sun.
    13,200 IG pebble sheen pool with raised spa and waterfalls, variable speed Pentair pump, oversize Pentair cartridge filter, Legend pool cleaner. TF -100 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress3
    Thanks for the suggestions, I have 2 sprayers and 5 umbrella sleeves planned to help mitigate the Houston sun.
    Yay! that is good planning.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.