Digital pH tester

[Merge by moderator - Please do not make duplicate posts. Thanks, jblizzle]

Hi TFP,
just wanted to get some reviews of digital pH meter with the LED displays, hope someone has some good insights into their value...

The inexpensive digital PH testers tend to drift and they fail rather rapidly. A few of them are easy to calibrate, but you do need to have reference solutions available, which makes it something of a hassle. Around $60 and up they start to get more reliable, but I still much prefer the standard drop based PH testing, which doesn't have the quirks and ongoing attention that the electronic testers require.

I use a Myron L 6Psi. I use it for work and all my calibration solutions are also supplied by work. I calibrate it weekly. I think as far as price goes, if you are willing to buy a high quality meter for upwards near $1,000.00, those electronic meters are very reliable. Now my experience shows almost all pH pen type meters fail and drop type pH test kits are more reliable. After all, as long as the reagent isn't expired, the chemical inside will always change color at it's prescribed ranges.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.