New pool just filling with water what to do first after its

Re: New pool just filling with water what to do first after

Chlorine first, then read Pool School, particularly The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry.

Post up a full set of test results so we see what needs adjusting.

You can be sure you need to add CYA and FC immediately.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

I had the same question...I read through the Pool School topics, saw it once, but now can't find again...when you first have your pool filled, how do you introduce CYA into the pool? I know you have to test the water first to get the levels, but I thought I read somewhere to buy the chlorine tablets to use (but only use for a short while) before switching to liquid chlorine. Clarification please? Pool goes up today! YEAH!

Thanks.

rhenry123 said:
I had the same question...I read through the Pool School topics, saw it once, but now can't find again...when you first have your pool filled, how do you introduce CYA into the pool? I know you have to test the water first to get the levels, but I thought I read somewhere to buy the chlorine tablets to use (but only use for a short while) before switching to liquid chlorine. Clarification please? Pool goes up today! YEAH!

Thanks.
pool-school/temporary_pool_guide

You introduce CYA via a sock pool-school/recommended_pool_chemicals

- get the pump and filter going
- read pool school...then re-read it
- get the proper test kit out that you already ordered
- use the pool calculator web site to figure out how to adjust your levels

immediately get and hold the FC up to around 2ppm. And then get the CYA dissolving in the water. After the CYA dissolved, increase your minimum FC based off the chart in Pool School.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.