leaking filter pump case :/

kkuz

Aug 14, 2012
Need help please!!

I have a Hayward cartridge filter housing that is leaking out the sides when I put the lid on. I think it is the o'ring. I tried to lube and replace but it is still leaking. Can anyone tell me where the ring actually goes? When looking at the area, there is a lip area right inside, but then there is like a 'shelf' area below and further around......if that makes sense? I have been trying to find info from Hayward....even my manual has no info. Getting frustrated.....pool needs filtering!!!!! Thank you
this is the link of the model I have
http://www.hayward-pool.com/prd/Filters ... _-1___.htm

yes, that is true. the confusion is where exactly to put it. When you look inside of the lid at the area there are 2 possibilities. The first is a lip area and when oring is in goes under the lip, the second is outside of the previous description and lower down, which is like a shelf where it sits. I do believe the second is correct, but when lubing o'ring and positioning here, I still have a leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.