Any reason to buy SWG local and not online?

Drockfresh

LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2012
Austin, TX
Hey guys,

My pool builder wants to install a Hawyard Aquarite 40K.

This is what he wrote me:

" if you wish to purchase a salt chlorinator online, by all means, please do so. We purchase our products through our local distributors this way we know exactly what we're getting and we're sure the part(s) are correct."

So he wants to buy it from his local distributer - cost $1500.

He will install it for a fee if I get the part. I found it online for $1100 at pool palooza and some others.

It seems like a no-brainer to save $400.

Is there any reason not to buy it online?

Also - he will install any model even though he knows the Aquarite - is there any reason to look for another model - from what I understand the Aquarite is pretty standard and good?

Thanks,
David

How much of the total project cost is the difference in the price of the unit? If he installs his preferred option he's going to be less likley to point fingers if something goes poorly. Is that worth anything to you?

Often it's worth doing business locally to have future support etc. But in this case I'm not sure how much you anticipate needing the PB later. It may not be important to you.

Drockfresh said:
It's $2000 total if he buys the part.

It's $1600 total If I buy the part.

I'd prefer to have him use his distributer for service, etc - but it is an extra $400.

Sorry - my mistake - I thought you were buying this with a pool. You are adding this to an existing pool? What warranty do the two units come with and how long will it take to get parts in the two scenario's. Are they willing to guarantee same day or second day parts service from the distributor? That could be worthwhile - particularly if they agree to that for the next 5 years or something along those lines. If not then you have to deal with shipping anytime you have issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.