Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just wanting to say THANK YOU

1. Back To Top    #1

Just wanting to say THANK YOU

As the weather is beginning to change and I look back at the summer and the hours of enjoyment the swimming pool provided me and my family, I want to reach out to all the contributors to this forum and say "Thank you". I bought a TF100, a speed stir, resolved some circulation issues, bought a solar cover and built a homemade fountain to keep the water at enjoyable levels throughout the swimming season. I never had a single issue with the pool, just monitor and add chlorine! I added borates early this year and as a result never once had to adjust pH. In fact, never had to adjust anything except some CYA due to splashout , and backwash.

I hope to add a SWG to my pool next year so I don't have to stock liquid shock (much cheaper than chlorine in my area), but I do not believe that it could have been any easier to manage the pool. Thank you to all TFP members. I hope this cooling is short term and the pool can be used for another month or so, but I did want to take a moment and truly thank everyone
    17,000 gal. (27' round) with Jacuzzi Laser Sand Filter 250L, Hayward 1.5 HP pump, 70 GPM

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Just wanting to say THANK YOU

TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Always great to hear!!!
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Glad to hear you're off to a great start!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Southern NH

2007 1st full year with AG pool~15k gallons 18'x33' JW
    6/2010 added 2 button Intex SWG-painless except for when reset
    Switched to BBB from Baquacil (couldn't pay me to go back)

6. Back To Top    #6

SW Ohio

that is why this site was started to help people like us and my story is the same as your, this site is awesome......thanks TFP.....Mike
    18x52 intex ultra frame pool 6981 gallons, 1 HP LL pump with 19 in sand filter,BBB method,borax 50ppm
    leslies DPD test kit + fas-dpd chlorine test kit + borates test strips
    thru wall skimmer,hard plumbed with 2 returns 1 1/2 sch 40 pvc
    1 large fountain 1 inch sch 40 pvc,shut off ball valves on all