CircuPool RJ45 tripping internal fuse

Aug 14, 2012
Bought and installed a Circupool rj45 SWG at the beginning of the summer. Have it set up on an external timer with my pump (all 3 on 115v configuration) set to run 14 hours a day. Everything worked great until a month ago when a surge fried my timer. Got the timer replaced and everything worked for about a week. Now though the SWG loses power every 2-5 hours and won't come back on until I press the Fuse Reset button on the bottom of the unit. Took off the cover of the control panel and didn't see any obvious problems. Cell had some buildup between the plates so I cleaned it thinking it might be causing a short but hasn't made a difference.

Was running at 70%. Even when running at %100 to superchlorinate in the middle of the day the unit will run for 4-5 hours straight, but for only two hours running normally at night. This model does regularly switch polarities to inhibit buildup in the plates, I've been wondering whether this switch is what's causing it to short. I haven't seen it running in polarity 2 since this problem started and since it always starts in Polarity 1 when i reset it I'm wondering if the transition is where the problem is occurring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.