Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CircuPool RJ45 tripping internal fuse

1. Back To Top    #1

CircuPool RJ45 tripping internal fuse

Bought and installed a Circupool rj45 SWG at the beginning of the summer. Have it set up on an external timer with my pump (all 3 on 115v configuration) set to run 14 hours a day. Everything worked great until a month ago when a surge fried my timer. Got the timer replaced and everything worked for about a week. Now though the SWG loses power every 2-5 hours and won't come back on until I press the Fuse Reset button on the bottom of the unit. Took off the cover of the control panel and didn't see any obvious problems. Cell had some buildup between the plates so I cleaned it thinking it might be causing a short but hasn't made a difference.
    20'x40' in-ground pool (3' shallow, 8' deep end depth) 33k gallons. Hayward self-priming 1hp SuperPump, Circupool RJ45 SWG connected to external GE Universal Voltage Mechanical Time Switch set to run 14hrs/day, Jacuzzi MFM series Sand Filter, Polaris 360 Sport Pool Sweep.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CircuPool RJ45 tripping internal fuse

Are you running at 100% if so try turning it down to say 80% and see if that improves your situation. I think it may be a heat issue. Call their customer support and see what they see.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Was running at 70%. Even when running at %100 to superchlorinate in the middle of the day the unit will run for 4-5 hours straight, but for only two hours running normally at night. This model does regularly switch polarities to inhibit buildup in the plates, I've been wondering whether this switch is what's causing it to short. I haven't seen it running in polarity 2 since this problem started and since it always starts in Polarity 1 when i reset it I'm wondering if the transition is where the problem is occurring.
    20'x40' in-ground pool (3' shallow, 8' deep end depth) 33k gallons. Hayward self-priming 1hp SuperPump, Circupool RJ45 SWG connected to external GE Universal Voltage Mechanical Time Switch set to run 14hrs/day, Jacuzzi MFM series Sand Filter, Polaris 360 Sport Pool Sweep.

4. Back To Top    #4

Well nix that last theory, just checked on it and it's chugging along on Polarity 2.

5. Back To Top    #5

Compupool support has been very helpful. Go ahead and give Circupool a call, I'm sure it will get fixed.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida