Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hayward c3030

1. Back To Top    #1

hayward c3030

hi i have a hayward ecostar pump and hayward c3030 cartridge filter brand new, we just had our liner replaced, added 3 loads of water, when I run my filter at 1000 rpm the pressure gauge on my filter did not go up, is this normal? Also I have a cmp in line pool chlorinator, am I running the pool pump fast enough for it to work? I do not see the flow meter moving but i could hear water inside. Thank you.
    Intex above ground Rect UltraFrame 12x24x52, 8500gal. Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 14". Intex SWG.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: hayward c3030

Not surprising. Low speed (1800rpm) on my 2 speed barely gets my gauge to budge and barely seems to open the check valves.

While 1000 rpm might be an efficient speed to run, out may not be adequate for skimming and cleaning purposes.

I am not sure how effectively the chlorine canisters work on low speeds. Although we also generally do not recommend using them for fear of rising stabilizer levels.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

hello sir, does this mean it is not filtering my pool, I'm sorry for this question I am new to this, than you for taking time to answer.
    Intex above ground Rect UltraFrame 12x24x52, 8500gal. Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 14". Intex SWG.

4. Back To Top    #4

If you feel water returning to the pool, then it is passing through the filter and being filtered.

Do you have a skimmer? Sometimes the surface skimming does not work too well on low speeds.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

hi water is returning to my pool, I did increase my speed also. Thanks again