Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

View Poll Results: Zodiace Nature 2 Vision Pro - Useful or Useless?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Useful

3 30.00%
  • Useless

7 70.00%

Thread: Zodiac Nature 2 Vision Pro - Useful or Useless?

1. Back To Top    #1

Zodiac Nature 2 Vision Pro - Useful or Useless?

Hi there, this is my first post and I already love this site! We are having our pool installed in two days and the package we got came with the Nature 2 Vision system. I've heard mixed reviews on the usefulness of this system and I'm wondering if I should even have it installed, or just skip it?

Any opinions are very welcome! Thanks!
    AGP 21,000 gal 30' Round Aqua Leader/Sentinelle, Hayward Voyager System w/1.5hp Matrix Pump (cartridge filter), 130K BTU Versa Raypak Gas Heater, Install Date: 8/15/12

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Zodiac Nature 2 Vision Pro - Useful or Useless?

Welcome to tfp, rhenry123

I would skip it. It adds copper to your pool which can stain and turn blond hair green. It will still need a sanitizer such as chlorine. Properly maintained chlorine levels are more effective at keeping a pool safe and clean.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

The original purpose of the Nature 2 is pointless. It came with our package, too, last year, and we used it. I believe it only helped contribute to the problems we were having by the end of the season. This year, before I found this site, we bought a new cartridge for it (ouch) and hooked it up. The only thing it DOES come in handy for is refilling the zpak's while on vacation (we have a timer). I intend to keep hooking it up every year but I won't be replacing the cartridge again - I plan to solely use it for chlorinating when we're out of town!
    AG, 10,400 gallons, filter cartridge, 2HP pump
    Coffeegoddss...bonafide thread killer!
    POOL SCHOOL...fortheloveofgawd, read POOL SCHOOL

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you - it's nice to get confirmation of a decision...planning on skipping it. Thanks!
    AGP 21,000 gal 30' Round Aqua Leader/Sentinelle, Hayward Voyager System w/1.5hp Matrix Pump (cartridge filter), 130K BTU Versa Raypak Gas Heater, Install Date: 8/15/12

5. Back To Top    #5

You bet

I'm just glad you found us before using it!

Make sure you spend plenty of time in: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/ There is a lot of information in there that will help you be trouble free from the start.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

6. Back To Top    #6

Edited: I deleted this post as it was meant for another response which was split off.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by ping
    Edited: I deleted this post as it was meant for another response which was split off.
    Sorry about that ping. Did you find the new thread here?: http://www.troublefreepool.com/natur...er-t69841.html