SWG: all lights were out and no display

ActJax

Aug 13, 2012
Recently replaced the current delimiter and all was fine. Noticed pool was showing some alge. Went out to check the SWG and found all lights were out and no display. Fuse looks good and transformer runs warm/hot. Yellow wire that runs to fuse connection looks a little burned but appears OK. Back of board looks fine (no discoloration). Odd thing is when I removed the cell cord from the board and put back in, the board came to life and worked fine. Came back about an hour later and found no lights or display again. Leads me to believe I have a short somewhere and the cord in/out excercise just moved something around. Don't think it is the delimiter again as I had some lights/power when that originally went out. At this point I am at a loss and am thinking I may have to just go with a whole new board. Fearful I will get a new board and still not lights. I would be grateful for any help or suggestions.

ActJax said:
Recently replaced the current delimiter and all was fine. Noticed pool was showing some alge. Went out to check the SWG and found all lights were out and no display. Fuse looks good and transformer runs warm/hot. Yellow wire that runs to fuse connection looks a little burned but appears OK. Back of board looks fine (no discoloration). Odd thing is when I removed the cell cord from the board and put back in, the board came to life and worked fine. Came back about an hour later and found no lights or display again. Leads me to believe I have a short somewhere and the cord in/out excercise just moved something around. Don't think it is the delimiter again as I had some lights/power when that originally went out. At this point I am at a loss and am thinking I may have to just go with a whole new board. Fearful I will get a new board and still not lights. I would be grateful for any help or suggestions.

Clean the cord contacts and then reseat it. Sometimes it takes a smack with your palm. :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.