Electrical schematic for the CVA-24T actuator

Aug 12, 2012
I just found this forum! Do you guys know where I can find an electrical schematic for the CVA-24T actuator? Mine quit working (stuck in the off position. I took the cover off and fooled around with the wires, switches, and the 3 way switch and finally got it to move to the on position. I need to troubleshoot the problem. I think it's narrowed down to one of the switches but not sure when I should and shouldn't be getting 24V in the various position. Thanks!

Re: Pentair/Compool CVA-24T actuator... manual control?

There are three wires that enter into the actuator, a neutral (black, I believe) and two switched "lines" that carry 24VAC. One of the two switched lines always carries 24VAC from the controller (e.g. Intellitouch, etc). When the controller turns the unit on, it simply sends 24VAC to the opposite line and turns off the line that is "normally closed." The switch is a DPDT type that simply reverses which line wire is energized (e.g. white vs. red). This simply affects which coil is generated (the forward vs. reverse coil). I have both Pentair and Intermatic actuators on my system and I believe they are very similar. Here's the manual for the Intermatic PE24VA which includes a wiring diagram:

http://www.poolandspacontrols.com/~/med ... E24VA.ashx

Re: Pentair/Compool CVA-24T actuator... manual control?

The off position is definitely needed. I am still fine tuning my system and don't have every bug worked out yet. Last night we had a bad wind and rain storm so I closed the cover. The pump was off at the time. I should have also turned the switch on the valve to off. This morning the pump stars p at 6am and the valve also turned on the waterfall. I didn't catch it till about 9 am. It pumped about a quarter of the pool to the top of the cover. Good thing it lost its prime once it went down to the skimmers. Any way from now on when cover is closed I am shutting valve off until I can figure a way to interlock the valve to the cover. Any ideas?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.