Friend Needs help with his pool

BoyWonder

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 2, 2012
Ok so my buddy who has owned a pool for about three years came over this weekend and was shocked at the sparkle and quality of my water. Heis a little stressed because he has some bad build up on the floor and walls of his plaster pool. He says it's not algae but it is very hard and rough on feet. He just started noticing it this year and has slowly gotten worse. Neither one of us is Shute what it is. I explained a little of the BBBmethod and he was very interested. He admits he has been "pool stored" for the last three years and has spent tons of money on different products they recommend. I have offered to help since the only thing he has to test are test strips. I haven't seen the pool in about a year but he says the water is pretty clear right now but doesn't quite have the clear sparkle tha my water has. If that was his only issue I think I could help him pretty easily. The rough build up is the biggest concern.i am going to go over tommorow and do a full test on his water and will post all the numbers. Does anyone have any ideas about the build up and how to handle it. Is there anything I need to look for specifically to held identify.

Thanks in advance for your help

Will you be able to run a full set of test results including CH and post them? That's really the first step. Taking a pic and posting that may help as well.

Find out about the history....sounds like he has been throwing things in somewhat at random but find out how he has been chlorinating and controlling pH and TA (If at all)

I will post a full set numbers for all the tests tommorow. All I know for sure is he is using trichlor pucks and muratic acid. It doesn't sound like he ever has to raise his TA or PH just lower it once in a while. Of course he is only using strips and and only tests for chlorine , TA and PH. I will try and get a list of all the other junk the pool store has been selling him. If it is calcium build up what is the fix?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.