Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jacuzzi Pumps

1. Back To Top    #1

Jacuzzi Pumps

Just wondering if anyone has any strong feelings or knowledge of the Jacuzzi brand pumps. I purchased a new one in May 2012. After 3-4 weeks it began to get loud and noisey. Then this past weekend it quit on me. The store was glad to take it back today and will have me a replacement in a few days maybe even a week. So now I'm wondering if I even want the same brand now? Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated. Also, being in Alabama (90+ degree weather) we can all imagine what my water will look like in a few days to a week. So I'll probably be spending a good bit of money on bleach to clear back up. I don't think this should be my expense, should I ask for a store credit for the trouble and expense?
    30' Above Ground 18,000 gallons, Sand Filter, 1.5 hp Jacuzzi Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jacuzzi Pumps

I am not 100% certain, but I believe the current 'Jacuzzi brand' pumps are not the same Jacuzzi pumps from several years ago. The Jacuzzi brand was sold off to another company around 2005. I would not be surprised if today's pumps are of lower quality.

The original Jacuzzi Brothers products were excellent pumps -- my 1HP Magnum pump ran without problems from 1996 thru 2010. Last year, the pump had startup issues and was very noisy (indicating the bearings needed to be replaced).

Since I was looking for a more energy efficient pump, I replaced the old Jacuzzi with a Pentair Intelliflo and have never looked back.

But for the time that I had the pump, it provided excellent service with no problems. 15 seasons in the Northeast is excellent longevity.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by bbecky75
    Just wondering if anyone has any strong feelings or knowledge of the Jacuzzi brand pumps. I purchased a new one in May 2012. After 3-4 weeks it began to get loud and noisey. Then this past weekend it quit on me. The store was glad to take it back today and will have me a replacement in a few days maybe even a week. So now I'm wondering if I even want the same brand now? Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated. Also, being in Alabama (90+ degree weather) we can all imagine what my water will look like in a few days to a week. So I'll probably be spending a good bit of money on bleach to clear back up. I don't think this should be my expense, should I ask for a store credit for the trouble and expense?
    Where did the pool,pump come from???We had a store chain around here."REC Warehouse"went out of business that used the Jacuzzi brand..My pool is 13 yrs old.If I remember right&didn't get a yr. out of the pump.took it back got another one..Second one lasting about 2 yrs..Had it rebuilt&used for a couple yrs. till I decide to trash&go with a Hayworth System.Have had good luck out of it.Has the store.They just want'd to sell you everything.But,after the sell you was on your own.
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Keep adding bleach and brushing your pool afterwards ... you should be able to keep it clear of algae, then just have to filter out the dirt.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Out of business

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for all the replies and sorry for my late reply!! So it only took one day to get a new pump! They replaced with the same one which made me nervous but they said if this one has any trouble to call them back and they'll take care of it. So far the new one is work perfect!! It's not a big chain store but a local family business.. They were extremely nice and apologetic about the situation so that said a lot!! Again, Thanks for everyone's advice and information!!! So let's enjoy this last few weeks of swimming!!
    30' Above Ground 18,000 gallons, Sand Filter, 1.5 hp Jacuzzi Pump