Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Buried AGP pool in NTx

1. Back To Top    #1

Collin Co Texas

Buried AGP pool in NTx

We purchased a 21' round Doughboy pool from Crown last month and are finally having it installed tomorrow. I've read posts on here from others in my area who have buried an AGP and I am optimistic that we will have a good experience.

The ONLY thing I have every done is SWIM in a pool. I have no idea where to start with actually taking care of a pool and since tomorrow is THE day, I guess I need a crash course.

What did we purchase:
    21' Autumn Breeze
    SD60 200# sand filter
    Polaris 65 automatic pool cleaner
    Hard bottom
    and a few other things...I guess I'll be doing my best to keep my head above water.
    21ft Autumn Breeze AGP, Buried 2', Hard Bottom, SD60 Filter, Polaris 65 Cleaner, 1HP Pump, Upgraded Skimmer, Installed August 14,2012

2. Back To Top    #2

Fredericksburg, VA

Re: Buried AGP pool in NTx

Welcome to TFP! Your first stop (after ordering your TF100 test kit!) is the Pool School located here on this site. Read it, then read it again.

You can order the TF100 kit here:
    20,000 gal. free-form plaster on concrete
    Triton DE filter, 1HP pump
    Polaris 9300xi cleaning bot

3. Back To Top    #3
    Sault Ontario

Re: Buried AGP pool in NTx

Pool school, a good test kit (not strips based) and the pool calculator is all you need, asap!!

This will give you:
    - the knowledge on what to do and why
    - the kit to perform the tests
    - the website that gives you the level of treatment based on your test results

Maintaining a pool is not hard if you put in a bit of time to learn and get a good test kit, it's not something you need to pay someone else to do. The first few tests may be a challenge but it's all repetition, after awhile you'll have it all committed to memory and you'll have low cost crystal clear water!

Post some pics when its up.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list