My Numbers

FC = 7.5
    CC = .5
    PH = 7.8
    TA = 110
    CH = 250
    CYA = 80
    SALT = 3200

How accurate is checking CYA with inside lighting?
    Using K-1766 to test salt. The first trime it changes to salmon red is this the stoping point or when it stays salmon red?
    Adding acid weekly to keep ph down is this normal with salt system?
    IG: 11' x 26' Fiberglass (6,700 Gallons), Hayward 1 HP 2 Speed Pump, Hayward Sand Filter, P4 Aqua Logic Controller, T-15 Salt Cell. TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TF-100 Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo
    How accurate is checking CYA with inside lighting?
    Indoors definetly can affect the acuracy. From the extended test kit instructions:
    Stand outdoors with your back to the sun and hold the view tube at about waist level. If sunlight is not available, find the brightest artificial light you can.
    Using K-1766 to test salt. The first trime it changes to salmon red is this the stoping point or when it stays salmon red?
    This is a tricky test. I beleive it is the first time is changes to salmon...it is really easy to go to far and get brown...you do not want brown. From the instructions:
    NOTE: Do not add enough R-0718 Silver Nitrate Reagent to give a brown color. First change from yellow to a milky salmon (brick) red is the endpoint.
    Adding acid weekly to keep ph down is this normal with salt system?
    Yes. You may want to lower your TA, since the swg will cause your ph to rise at your TA level fairly fast. Our recommedation is 60-80 ppm TA for swgs: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...ater_generator
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.