BBB holds its own after 30 person pool party!

My first real test of BBB. We had a 30 person pool party yesterday for 7 hours. Kids, adults; the whole works. All I did was bump up my FC to +3 of it's normal level the night before. By the end of the party, I was a bit concerned. The pool looked cloudy, there were food particles and other junk all in the water. Ick! When everyone was out of the pool, my FC had dropped to 4.5, which is at the low end for my CYA, but still okay. I bumped up the FC to 6, and let the filter run all night. This morning, I awoke to this! The pool was right back to crystal clear. All readings are ideal. Go BBB!

Attachments

• 2012-08-12_14-22-43_979.jpg
    2012-08-12_14-22-43_979.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 266
Azmp1 said:
Folks what's a BBB? Forgive my noobiness... :)

BBB is the nickname for our method of maintaining a pool. Stands for bleach, borax, baking soda. The idea is to understand the pools chemistry through accurate testing and only put in your pool what it needs. And knowing that the bbb chemicals are the same as most chemicals sold in pool stores but available for less money.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

I'm glad it held up :goodjob:

Apparently I'm expecting 50 guests two weekends from now and was trying to research now how I should prepare for it myself...especially for the aftermath.

Did you have any issues with Ph rising too high through the day?

I was going to make sure my Ph levels were at the low side (7.3'ish) and the FC as you did (+3 normal value) at the begining of the day before the carnage.

My mind is more at ease now...

I had the PH at 7.8 (high end because of the bump with bleach I guess) before the party. After the party it was 7.4. I'm assuming that it dropped because as I understand it, as chlorine is cosumed, the PH increase that the bleach initially causes is "negated" and the PH drops back down. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. =/

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.