Charlotte NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Monarch ESC36 / ESC8000
Had a bit of a brain fade.... Brought my pool up to ~30ppm FC due to some "dull" water.. Used 6% bleach and all was well. Check next day and it was ~32ppm.. Dummy me, forgot to turn off the SWG and reading ~26ppm this evening. CYA is ~65ppm. I know that below shock level is safe to swim, but, CYA chart say shock is ~26 and the poolcalc says shock is 20ppm. Don't think it will burn off much with tomorrow morning sun, but want to swim with a few friends tomorrow. What would you do???
Thanks as always!!!!

LOL..well THAT is an option and will do my best to "encourage" everyone to do the same. Guess I picked the wrong week to stop drinking.. Any other solutions/input???

Before taking "drastic measures", I would check the chlorine again a few hours after it gets some sun. If you have a cover, leave it off tonight or get up very early and take it off. The chlorine at such high levels will drop a lot faster than at a normal FC. It might only take a few hours of sunlight to knock your number down significantly (at least to below 20, which would be fine for swimming).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.