Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Navigator goes and stops

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Navigator goes and stops

We have a pebble-tec pool and just got a completely rebuilt navigator. I saw it working in the guys non pebble-tec pool. We try it in ours and it will go for a few minutes or so and then stop or go real slow. We even cleaned the cartridge filters. One thing of note is that the Bottom Collector Manifold is broken in a spot so unfiltered water is getting through, but not sure if this has anything to do with the cleaner.
    The suction lever is in the correct spot. What else can I check? There are no obstructions visible.

edit: now it just doesn't go at all.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Navigator goes and stops

New feet, new wings on my navigator, tried all three settings on the side and it still gets step - replacing flaps.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Friendswood, TX

I'm not sure exactly which model you have (I have the Navigator Pro), but maybe the design's are similar (Mine used to stop / clog with the slightest bit of sand). I suggest you increase vacuum pressure (suction). You may have to restrict some from the skimmer and/or main drains to accomplish this. If you have the guage that came with it (measures vacuum), I've found that about 1/8" beyond maximum indicator line is perfect. Once the A-frame bearings loosen (break-in), you can lower the vacuum pressure slightly. Heres a thread with all my Navigator rantings and drama
    Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22X42 Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10X12 Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater

4. Back To Top    #4

Replacing the A-frames fixed this. Here's the thread with my fix if someone finds this thread first.