Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Questions on getting this pool ready to go

1. Back To Top    #1

Questions on getting this pool ready to go

1. Water all in, I have shocked it tonight again. I have yellow looking stains all on the bottom. How do I get these out and with what? The pool is a white fiberglass.

I did a test tonight and the PH was fine but had no clorine. So I shocked it. I forgot all about getting tablets to get in pool so I will get those tomorrow to keep the clorine level up.

Now..what is the acid for? What is the purpose in the acid?

Now on the stabilizer...Do I add that right after shocking or best to add the next day? And do I just throw it around in the pool or pour into skimmer?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    San Juan American Inground Fiberglass, 22K cap, Hayward 1 1/2Hp Super 2Pump, Hayward SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Diving Board, Slide. Dedicated suction line for "The pool cleaner that is due tomorrow!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Summersgal,

Could you post a full set of numbers?

Muriatic acid is used to lower pH.

Stains? Did you have your fill water tested for metals?

I suggest that you include 'fiberglass' or FG for pool type in your signature.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Joyce

I just have a small pool/spa kit that came with the pool. I didn't write the numbers down..is that something that I need to be doing?

No..we didn't have the water tested for metals.

Thanks..I will update that information now
    San Juan American Inground Fiberglass, 22K cap, Hayward 1 1/2Hp Super 2Pump, Hayward SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Diving Board, Slide. Dedicated suction line for "The pool cleaner that is due tomorrow!

4. Back To Top    #4

Yellow stains..

After looking and working on the stains even more..Hubby scrubbed on them last night while I had gone to get something to eat. Then I went out this am and tried it again..NO LUCK! IT almost looks slike part of them are from the hand vac that I have been using that was new. Kind of looks like the tire tracks are part of it. Still looking for any suggestions on these yellow looking stains.

Thanks
    Summersgal

5. Back To Top    #5
    The best investment you can make in your pool is a good test kit. I recommend the TF 100, link in my sig. It comes with on-line assistance from Dave!

In the meantime, take a pool water sample and fill water sample to the pool store and get a full set of numbers. Post back here for the gurus to help you. (You may have metals in your fill water that fall out after shocking and cause staining)

What are you scrubbing the stains with?

Avoid purchasing anything from the pool store for now

Also, if you could post some pics, that would be helpful. Try www.PhotoBucket.com
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!