How do I convince my husband??

PAGirl

TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2012
Central PA
A friend has an 18 x 33' pool they want to take down and give to me. Needs new pump and has small hole in the liner that is repairable. They have not opened the pool in 2 years due to a new business venture that requires a lot of their time. (Havent seen inside the pool to know if a new liner is necessary or not.)We currently have an 18 x 48" ultra-frame. My husband is not too keen on digging up the yard for a more permanent pool. I, however, would love to! Any good ideas on how to change his mind? I have proven to him I can keep a pool sparkly ( thank you TFP!) but have not convinced him bigger is better. He only gets in the pool on days it's in the 90's out. I hate to miss out on a good deal. Doesn't get any cheaper than free!

The Frame and pool wall are free, which is great, but a permanent AGP does have other costs to keep in mind. Such as:

New liner - I doubt you'll be able to re-stretch the old one - $200-$400
Pump/Filter $300 (used) -$800 new
Permit
Electrical
Ladder or Deck
Fencing, if applicable.

Not to discourage you, but the pool itself is usually the cheapest part of an AGP install...but if you are comfortable with that, just tell dear hubby that it will make you happy...I know I usually just say yes if that's the end result :lol:

I have considered those things along the way. Also the cost of the sand, blocks, etc. we have more than one friend with a Bobcat, so leveling would possibly cost a case of beer, lol. Not sure if there was a way to transport the existing deck, they live less than a mile away, a stones throw over the hill. My husband could do the electrical himself. It's more about the upheaval of the yard I think. It took me 2 or 3 years to get him to agree to a small platform for the Intex. Once we are done with it, it's not as hard to remove and level where it was.

How do you convince your husband?

He's a guy - he won't be hard to convince.

1. Tell him that you and him are going to go for a private swim the first night the pool is usable - and that you might feel like skinny-dipping. :wink:

2. Since he'll be outside working his butt off trying to get the pool ready, take him a cold beer and tell him how sweet he is for building you a pool. Then give him a little kiss, wink at him, and make sure he sees you wiggle as you walk back into the house. (He may hate to see you leave, but he loves to watch you go!)

3. Enjoy your new pool.

As a man, I don't mind admitting that any woman can get her man to do almost anything. All she has to do is turn on the charm (and then follow through with it, or he won't believe her anymore).

Lol at the skinny dipping.bit's been mentioned with the Intex, but due to the high visibility from the neighbors and a somewhat well-traveled road, has also been nixed by the lady of the house (me, ha ha.) that just might be a good angle to use, bigger pool, less visibility by others, larger deck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.