Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plumbing questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Plumbing questions

I'm getting a Hayward Inwall skimmer. I already upgraded to the 2500gph pump (633T) and cut the liner to allow for the bigger hoses. The Intex skimmed is annoying and it has to go. I used my old pump (637R) to add a small inexpensive water feature to the pool for the kids. I currently have a PVC tube next to the skimmer drawing water Here's my question. I'm thinking of running a T off the Hayward skimmer both with ball valves to allow for the water feature to run. I'm also planning on keeping the current feed line in use to improve circulation. Any suggestions?
    I haven't done any hard plumbing yet, but it's probably in my near future. I'm attaching pics for review and suggestions. [attachment=2:19gh0dkp]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344694468.741289.jpg[/attachment:19gh0dkp][attachment=1:19gh0dkp]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344694522.949729.jpg[/attachment:19gh0dkp][attachment=0:19gh0dkp]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344694552.657979.jpg[/attachment:19gh0dkp]
    Michael
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Intex 15x48 pool
    Intex 633T 2500gph
    Intex SWG
    Hayward Wanda the Whale

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Plumbing questions

Quote Originally Posted by mscott327
    Here's my question. I'm thinking of running a T off the Hayward skimmer both with ball valves to allow for the water feature to run. I'm also planning on keeping the current feed line in use to improve circulation.
    Are you wanting the pump that supplies the water fountain to draw from both the Hayward skimmer and the existing "PVC tube?"

If so, I say go for it. You have the right idea putting a ball valve on each of the upstream sides of the T, so that you can control the suction for the skimmer and the "PVC tube" individually.
    No more Intex EasySet AGP. Hot tub soon.
    "Prejudices are what fools use for reason." - Voltaire

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes! I want the Hayward Skimmer to supply my main pump to clean the surface debris and it will also supply the little fountain which is run by my smaller pump. I'm also keeping my original feed line for added circulation. The Skimmer will connect the pump along with the feed line. The Skimmer feed line will also branch off to feed my smaller pump driving my fountain.
    Michael
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Intex 15x48 pool
    Intex 633T 2500gph
    Intex SWG
    Hayward Wanda the Whale

4. Back To Top    #4

yes it will work just fine, but if it was me i would just use the 2500 gph pump and have 2 returns and your fountain, but you would only use 1 return (alternate them) i have a hayward 2400 gph pump and it works perfect on mine as decribed above plus you would save on electricity, below is a few picks of mine and a small video.....Mike

18x52 intex ultra frame pool 6981 gallons, 1 HP LL pump with 19 in sand filter,BBB method,borax 50ppm
    leslies DPD test kit + fas-dpd chlorine test kit + borates test strips
    thru wall skimmer,hard plumbed with 2 returns 1 1/2 sch 40 pvc
    1 large fountain 1 inch sch 40 pvc,shut off ball valves on all

5. Back To Top    #5

the last one is a video
    18x52 intex ultra frame pool 6981 gallons, 1 HP LL pump with 19 in sand filter,BBB method,borax 50ppm

6. Back To Top    #6

I don't want to use the 2500, I have it on a timer to run throughout the day. I like your plumbing.
    Michael
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Intex 15x48 pool
    Intex 633T 2500gph
    Intex SWG
    Hayward Wanda the Whale

7. Back To Top    #7

I'm getting a Hayward Inwall skimmer. I already upgraded to the 2500gph pump (633T) and cut the liner to allow for the bigger hoses. The Intex skimmed is annoying and it has to go. I used my old pump (637R) to add a small inexpensive water feature to the pool for the kids. I currently have a PVC tube next to the skimmer drawing water Here's my question. I'm thinking of running a T off the Hayward skimmer both with ball valves to allow for the water feature to run. I'm also planning on keeping the current feed line in use to improve circulation. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by fast1971chevelle
    yes it will work just fine, but if it was me i would just use the 2500 gph pump and have 2 returns and your fountain, but you would only use 1 return (alternate them) i have a hayward 2400 gph pump and it works perfect on mine as decribed above plus you would save on electricity, below is a few picks of mine and a small video.....Mike

I don't want to use the 2500, I have it on a timer to run throughout the day. I like your plumbing.
    ? I'm not sure I follow this but I think what you are saying is that you want the water feature to be on a separate pump to allow you to run this without tinkering with the 2500's timer. You also like the plumbing setup that Mike used. Did I get that right?
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

8. Back To Top    #8

YES!
    I have my 2500on a timer to run 4 hours from 6-10am while my SWG is running, I also have the pump come on from 5-7pm to circulate the water and remove the grass and debris that my kids bring in from going in and out of the pool and then I have the pump running from 12pm to 2am to circulate the water or run wanda the whale.

I'm still lost about the PVC fittings that I need to make when I convert from the plungers. I'm also expecting delivery from Amazon for my Hayward sp1091 skimmer. I'm waiting for the skimmer before I do any of the pvc plumbing.
    Michael
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Intex 15x48 pool
    Intex 633T 2500gph
    Intex SWG
    Hayward Wanda the Whale

9. Back To Top    #9

If you have any more questions just ask and I will give you a parts list.....Mike

10. Back To Top    #10

Ok

I'm asking Can you please give me a parts list?
    Michael
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Intex 15x48 pool
    Intex 633T 2500gph
    Intex SWG
    Hayward Wanda the Whale

11. Back To Top    #11

Sport for the delay I just seen your post I will reply when I get home on my laptop, I hate typing on this phone.....lol