This is my first post! I have been learning a lot from you all in the past few weeks. I do have a TF-100 kit. It is great! I started the shock process a few days ago because I have had water mold. It has come and gone over past two years. Pool info:
new pool end of 2010 so only 2nd summer and pool gets full sun all day
The pool has been hazy for weeks now-looking better since starting the process. I believe the problem was high CYA because of chlorinator and was not told about the relationship between CYA and Chlorine! surprise! so just told to constantly shock, but never enough.
I have CYA down to i think 70-80. so shocking to 28 and checking every 90 minutes or so.
pool is pretty clear-i can see the pattern on the floor of deep end.
concern is this water mold. I no longer see but know it is lurking! it was really bad at open this season-sheets of it! lots of water replacement!
Any info on this is great!