Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cement slab

1. Back To Top    #1

Cement slab

This was the second year for our pool and it has been great because of the help from this site. When we installed it we put down some sand and put the pool on the sand but over the 2 seasons it has developed humps and holes in the bottom. This fall we plan to take the pool down and put in a cement slab to put the pool on. My ? is if anyone has done this with an Intex pool did you put anything down on top before putting the pool on it. Do we need something for a cushion or protection for the liner or is putting it right on the cement ok.
    18'x52" Intex round AGP, 2650 Krystal Clear SWG pump with sand filter and a Hayward H100ID pool heater. TF100 test kit to keep the water sparkly clean.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cement slab

I remember reading something on another forum that carpet works great under pool liners on cement slabs.
    Michael
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Intex 15x48 pool
    Intex 633T 2500gph
    Intex SWG
    Hayward Wanda the Whale

3. Back To Top    #3

I put 1.5" foam down between the cement and the pool. It feels great! But, I do have to store it in the off-season because I do take the pool down each fall.

I have a friend who just put a tarp between the cement and his Intex. They are happy enough with it. I keep wanting to get over there to try it and see what I think, but that has not happened yet. I'll post back with thoughts if I make it over there.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

4. Back To Top    #4

Wife and I ran out on July 4th and bought a pool and stuck it in our back patio (24' x 32'). The pool rests on the concrete slab with the standard pool "ground sheet" in between. No problems at all. Make sure the slab is clean and free of pebbles and rough bits (I used an angle grinder to grind those flat) so that any damage to pool liner would be minimized.

Other than that, it's been great in the 110+++ degree heat.

P.S. We did start out with a Summer Escapes Easy Set pools at first but we exchanged it for the Intex standard frame pool because the easy set pool was really unstable.
    Phoenix, AZ east valley area
    • Intex 16' x 48" Frame AGP (5000 gal)

• Intex 2650 GPH Sand Filter

• Floaty Type Chlorinator

• Intex frame-mount skimmer

• Hayward Wanda the Whale Cleaner

• EcoSaver Solar Pool Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

I have read here that carpet can result in a pretty nasty smell when I it gets wet and starts to rot ... Just as head up.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle
    I have read here that carpet can result in a pretty nasty smell when I it gets wet and starts to rot ... Just as head up.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    I wont argue with that. The office I work at washes the carpet every year and it end up damp, causing the entire office to stink for a few days.

-S
    Phoenix, AZ east valley area
    • Intex 16' x 48" Frame AGP (5000 gal)

• Intex 2650 GPH Sand Filter

• Floaty Type Chlorinator

• Intex frame-mount skimmer

• Hayward Wanda the Whale Cleaner

• EcoSaver Solar Pool Heater