Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No power

1. Back To Top    #1

No power

I have a new (3 weeks old) Aquarite chlorine generator (T cell 9). This morning I noticed the pool looked slightly cloudy. Figuring all the rain lately had something to do with it I thought I would switch it to Superchlorinate and shock the pool. When I opened the cover, there were no lights on. I checked the ground fault circuit and tripped and reset it to be sure. Still no power light on the unit.I can feel some heat from the transformer, so I know it is getting power, but nothing elase shows signs of life. I have read the posts about tghe curent delimiters going bad. Obviously, with a new unit, it looks brand new, not burnt or cracked. Could it still be this item? Any other suggestions? (By the way, it is powered by a circuit we thought swithed on and off with the pool filter. Found out that it has been powered up the whole time. I am correcting that this morning.) Any help would be appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: No power

Welcome

Not sure about the power issue, but suggest you review Pool School ... specifically Shocking Your Pool

We do not recommend using the SWG for this process as it adds the FC too slowly and potentially reduces the life of the cell.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. I added some shock this morning.

4. Back To Top    #4

Please define "shock" for us ... likely the use of any powder chlorine is a bad idea (although that is an assumption as you have not posted any test results).

How did you determine the amount to add? What is your stabilizer level, which determines your FC shock level?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

It could be this problem: www.nocellpower.com

Pretty common with Goldline units.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater