Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: polaris 280 running sluggish after 3 new tires ?

polaris 280 running sluggish after 3 new tires ?

hey guys, my polaris 280 tires were shot so i get 3 new tires for it today, after i installed them it wouldnt go around the pool, just sat there going around in circles, i got in the water and it looks like the the 2 wheels on the right were having trouble spinning, the 1 tire on the left was doing ok, thats why it was going in a small circle, i pulled the back right tire off and it is now running fine, maybe the 2 new tires were putting it in a bind somehow, anyone here ever ran into this ? thanks guys

Senior Member In the Industry

Re: polaris 280 running sluggish after 3 new tires ?

If you don't get the tire fully seated on the wheel they will often bind against the housing, causing your symptoms.
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

Member In the Industry

Re: polaris 280 running sluggish after 3 new tires ?

Also check the idle wheel in between and make sure it is free and not jamming between the two wheels.
    16,000lts Fibreglass, Magna Mineral Pool Water
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.