There's a clicking noise in the motor

Aug 10, 2012
Hello, I replaced my old pool pump last summer with a newer one and had no issues with either the pump or the GFCI. Now, having issues...when the pump begins to start the "breakers" kick off the power several times. When I engage the "breakers" back on then there's a clicking noise in the motor of the pump and the motor will not engage until. I have to wait several minutes, and I'll hear another click noise which means to turn the power back on. After several minutes of this routine the pump will begin to start purging. What could be the issue? Really need your help solving this mystery....Thank You, Larry Ente

Where can I purchase a Centrifugal switch, and a Start Capacitor? Is there a website that I can search and purchase these items? Greatly appreciate you time and effort for answering my search.....Larry Ente

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.