Help on test results

Jun 24, 2012
ABG Pool 13,500 gallons, cartridge filter system.
All summer I have had clear water once I got the fine concrete sand that blew in from the wind out of the pool. Thanks for the tip to use a nylon sock with a cotton ball in it. Works great. But the pool sat for a few days without being used and I had forgot to add bleach. Bad Mistake. Now its cloudy and I cannot keep chlorine in it. I have added 364oz. of 6% liquid bleach. and have been aerating in with aiming the return up and have kept the pool 90% covered. At the time I added the bleach my PH was at 7.2. My PH has gone up the chlorine is not holding. I kept in partially covered because we have a fire here in Utah and ashes had been dropping. Stopped by our local pool supplier for more cyanuric acid reagent and the pool guy told me I need to get my TA down. I have been using the BBB method and the pool calculator but when I input my numbers it doesn't ever tell me what to do to lower my TA except lowering the the PH down to 7.0 to 7.2. I am happy to add the muriatic acid and I already have it, but I just want to double check if there is anything else that I need to do. I thought I was shocking the pool when I added the 364oz. of bleach at night and was aerating it. Any ideas on how to handle this. The pool store wants me to bring a sample in, he had wanted to sell me chemicals to add but I was waiting until I heard back from this forum. I trust tried and true experience more than a salesman. Thanks in advance.
Amy

FC .5
TC 1
PH 7.8
TA 180
CYA 60

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.