Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help on test results

1. Back To Top    #1

Help on test results

ABG Pool 13,500 gallons, cartridge filter system.
    All summer I have had clear water once I got the fine concrete sand that blew in from the wind out of the pool. Thanks for the tip to use a nylon sock with a cotton ball in it. Works great. But the pool sat for a few days without being used and I had forgot to add bleach. Bad Mistake. Now its cloudy and I cannot keep chlorine in it. I have added 364oz. of 6% liquid bleach. and have been aerating in with aiming the return up and have kept the pool 90% covered. At the time I added the bleach my PH was at 7.2. My PH has gone up the chlorine is not holding. I kept in partially covered because we have a fire here in Utah and ashes had been dropping. Stopped by our local pool supplier for more cyanuric acid reagent and the pool guy told me I need to get my TA down. I have been using the BBB method and the pool calculator but when I input my numbers it doesn't ever tell me what to do to lower my TA except lowering the the PH down to 7.0 to 7.2. I am happy to add the muriatic acid and I already have it, but I just want to double check if there is anything else that I need to do. I thought I was shocking the pool when I added the 364oz. of bleach at night and was aerating it. Any ideas on how to handle this. The pool store wants me to bring a sample in, he had wanted to sell me chemicals to add but I was waiting until I heard back from this forum. I trust tried and true experience more than a salesman. Thanks in advance.

FC .5
    TC 1
    PH 7.8
    TA 180
    CYA 60

2. Back To Top    #2
    North Central Texas

Re: Help on test results

You need to forget about TA for now.

You do need to shock, but you do not seem to be doing the shocking process correctly. You will need to be adding bleach often, hourly if possible.
    ~~ Allison ~~
    Intex 18' x 48" Easy Set Pool, approximately 5455 gallons
    Krystal Clear 1500 GPH Filter Pump Model 56635EG - 635 with Auto Timer