Just dropped bottle of OTO in pool

YH5

Aug 10, 2012
Mobile, AL
This week, I moved to a new home that has a swimming pool. I've never had a pool before, so I've just started learning about taking care of one. I stupidly bought a cheap water test set from academy to check the alkalinaty, pH, and chlorine levels. Well, today I was testing the chlorine for the first time. Previously, I was careful to test over the pavement but today I was in a hurry and stupidly had the test tube over the water. Well, the dropper part of the bottle was never even secured properly and when I squeezed it fell out and dumped about 2/3rds of the bottle before I could react. The pool is 26,600 gallons. On top of all this, I don't have Internet at this house yet, and the 3G that I'm using to post this is very spotty. What do I need to do to make my pool safe again? Thank you for any advice. This was definitely not the way I wanted to start off with my first pool. :hammer:

You didn't hurt anything. Finish the test with the reagent you have left and raise the FC to where it should be and go swimming. There's nothing to worry about.

I wouldn't pour gallons of the stuff in the pool but ½oz isn't going to hurt anything.

YH5 said:
This week, I moved to a new home that has a swimming pool. I've never had a pool before, so I've just started learning about taking care of one. I stupidly bought a cheap water test set from academy to check the alkalinaty, pH, and chlorine levels.

I would highly recommend you get a TF-100 test kit! *Mine* hasn't jumped into the pool yet, its so reliable :wink:

The moderator posters here usually have a link in their siggy files to the source of ordering. If you order today you'll probably have it by next week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.